author: masao komorizono
publisher: physical education and sports company
target people who are recommended to read
sword man who desire to master neat and orthodox kendo
This book explain the way of thinking that acquire orthodox kendo which fits the sword.
one pair one sword distance
It is fundamental distance and if sword man take a step, he can strike opponent and if sword man recede a step, he can dodge opponent’s strike.
It is more close distance than one pair one sword distance. It is the status that sword man is approaching with opponent so that he tend to step in that distance to feel that it is easy to strike opponent.
It is more far distance than one pair one sword distance. It is the distance that opponent can not strike sword man but also sword man can not strike opponent. Sword man have to bargaining each other in mentally and technique how to step in one pair one sword distance from far distance.
touch sword distance and cross sword distance
Touch sword distance is the distance that sword man can not strike opponent to step on and strike sword distance is the distance that sword man’s sword tip strike with opponent’s sword tip. It is important for sword man to work to keep his preparation and identify changing opponent’s movement when he step in strike sword distance from touch sword distance.
chance to strike
- Sword man should strike opponent in his unpreparedness and gap not in his preparedness. preparedness means that opponent is fulfilling with mind and ki and he is on guard status in form while he take care of surrounding. unpreparedness is the reverse to preparedness.
- Sword man should attack up opponent and strike opponent in the timing opponent is changing his movement. The timing opponent changing his movement is the timing when he change consciousness.
- Sword man should strike opponent when opponent set up strike him.
- Sword man should strike opponent when opponent received his strike. At same time he should target unpreparedness in opponent’s mind and form except for the point opponent received.
- Sword man should strike when opponent’s technique come to end.
- Sword man should strike opponent when opponent’ momentum of ki and sword and body were run out.
- Sword man should strike opponent when he make opponent notice his unpreparedness in form and when opponent become conscious of his unpreparedness and set up strike him.
- Sword man should strike opponent when opponent have suspicion to be crashed.
- Sword man should strike opponent to make opponent feel hurry.
Kendo techniques are demonstrated which intricately combined exchanging sword man’s mind and ki each other and how to keep distance and changing the opportunity.
Fundamental thinking to demonstrate kendo technique is to strike at the risk of life. Matching ki mind and ki and power fighting with opponent is on premise to striking at the risk of life. To strike at the risk of life so that sword man is lead to a phase of zansin spontaneously. It is important for sword man to train to be able to strike opponent at the risk of life and prepare to be strike by opponent after he throw off thought of interest about win or lose. Demonstration of technique should be matched perception and discretion and judgement and determine the will and demonstrate technique.
There are many elements which are demanded to determine effectiveness strike
Kendo technique should be demonstrated which is basis on ki that is working to certain will during fighting with each other.
Upper body and waist which is base of upper body should have dynamic stability and preparedness of left leg which sustain waist should be strong.
correct blade muscle
Direction of strike should be concentrated on correct direction. How to handle palms of hands and move upper limbs and keep correct posture and preparedness of lower limbs are important elements.
Zansin is the fulfilling status which body stance and ki stance are combined together during not to be alert after sword man strike opponent. Zansin is not strike movement which is intend to remain his mind, but remaining his mind naturally itself to strike opponent at the risk of life. Kendo techniques at the risk of life is on premise of remaining his mind naturally and moreover the starting point of that is matching ki and mind and power fighting with opponent.