author: masao komorizono
publisher: physical education and sports company
target people who are recommended to read
sword man who desire to master neat and orthodox kendo
This book explain the way of thinking that acquire or orthodox kendo which fits the sword.
how to body blow
- Body blow is for strike opponent after sword man break momentum and preparedness of opponent to shake opponent’s center of gravity by hitting sword man’s body against opponent’s body with momentum which grew after he strike opponent.
- Sword man should hit not only his fists but also his waist with opponent.
- Sword man should draw his left leg to behind right leg rapidly after he strike opponent.
- Sword man should fix his fists to lower abdomen and hit his body against opponent to take solid stance.
- If opponent step back after sword man hit his body against opponent, he should corner opponent and strike him.
how to receive body blow
- Sword man should receive opponent’s body blow to take solid stance while he step out right leg lightly for a step by slide foot movement and pull effort into lower abdomen and lower his fists and draw his left leg to behind right leg sharply.
- Sword man should not receive opponent’s body blow on there or while he is stepping back.
- Sword man should receive opponent’s body blow to take solid stance while he lower not only his fingers but also his fists.
- Sword man should receive opponent’s body blow to step on firmly while he raise his left heel.
close fought competition(cross sword competition)
- Sword man should slant his sinai to right side a little and extend his elbow lightly and lower his fists to match his tsuba with opponent’s tsuba and put effort to lower abdomen and keep his posture certainly.
- Sword man should make chance to strike opponent to seek various changing in this status.
- Close fought competition is a situation which is very tensioned with full space so that sword man should seek chance to strike opponent aggressively in the situation.
- Sword man should not press his sinai on opponent’s shoulder or neck and seal opponent’s movement on purpose and do reverse crossover.
- Sword man should keep his neck straight and lower his fists and put effort to lower abdomen and extend his waist and be face to face opponent.